Thought I’d make the most of the soldering tools I have while I’ve still got ’em. Took me about 2-3 Hrs to assemble but I now have a HDD based Mp3 Player to debug. Looks like it might need a couple of minor mods to get going but shouldn’t take too much more effort on the HW side.
Now to write that FAT32 ATA library I’ve been putting off for the last 6 months 🙂
Click the photo for more images.
Manu has come through with the goods yet again with this primo case for the Mk3 prototype. This one is smaller lighter and faster than the last. It’s all aluminium construction makes it substantially lighter than the solid steel case of the Mk2.
Alright! My new PCBs for the HD version of the butterflymp3 have arrived from www.custompcb.com / www.silvercircuits.com. They look pretty good. I had to go without a solder mask or silkscreen to cut costs. Had a small mixup where I used dichlormethane rather than isopropanol to clean the board and accidentally melted the paint off my desk and onto one side of the PCB. A whole lot more dichlormethane later and everything is good as new. 🙂
Finally managed to get avarice installed on the new iBook. Just so I can remember for next time this is what I did. ( as root user)
– Install libbfd
./configure –target=avr –disable-nls –enable-install-libbfd
– install Libiberty
./configure –target=avr –disable-nls –enable-install-libiberty
– install avarice
LDFLAGS=”-L/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin8.2.0/avr/lib -lbfd” CPPFLAGS=”-I/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin8.2.0/avr/include” ./configure
( all other AVR tools handled by Fink)
(also applied butterfly corrections patch to avrdude 5)
Thanks Frodi Hammer http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~frodi/mac.html
Well this weekend I managed to tidy up the fluroecent lamp into a more respectable form.
Got Manu down in the machine shop to come up with a new case design for the mp3 player and this is the result. Think it might need a couple of refinements before we go to production with this one.